2023 Keynote Speaker
ASFA is very happy to announce that our keynote speaker will be Haesun [hey-sun] Moon PhD, a Communication Scientist, Semiotician, Researcher, Speaker, Educator, Coach, and Author of Language of Hope, Coaching A to Z, and developer of the Dialogic Orientation Quadrant.
Haesun will be presenting a pre-conference workshop on Thursday 6th of July (separate to the conference).
Title: The DOQ Masterclass: From Mystery to Mastery with Practice-Based Evidence
Description: How would you answer the following three questions relating to your work whether you are a therapist, coach, educator, and perhaps even as a parent?
- What do you do?
- How does that (what you do) do?
- How do you know that's useful?
These three simple inquiries are the foundations of communication science as we study what people do, how that works, and how we measure its usefulness. What are some tools and measures that you have currently?
Join this one day workshop facilitated by Haesun Moon, Ph.D., communication scientist, originator of the DOQ, and author of the acclaimed book, Coaching A to Z: The Extraordinary Use of Ordinary Words, to learn together how dialogic fluency builds from 'mystery' to 'mastery' through an evidence-based heuristic, Dialogic Orientation Quadrant (DOQ). You will be able to use the tool to track the client narratives with specific focus on the purpose, possibilities, and progress, and it will be particularly useful for active practitioners, researchers and educators.
With real-time demos, interactive video analysis, and reflective discussions, this workshop is designed for any level of practitioners whether you're a seasoned solution-focused practitioner or new to the field. Some of the learning activities in the workshop include:
Real-time demos: Haesun can demonstrate solution-focused techniques in real-time, providing you with a firsthand look at how to apply the Microanalysis of Face-to-Face Dialogue (MFD) and Dialogic Orientation Quadrant (DOQ)
Interactive video analysis: You will analyse pre-recorded videos of conversations and/or your own recordings, and use the DOQ and microanalysis to evaluate the process effectiveness.
Reflective discussions: Small group discussions can be facilitated to encourage you to reflect on your own experiences with solution-focused practice, and to share insights and strategies with your peers.
Role-playing exercises: You can practice their solution-focused techniques through role-playing exercises, and receive feedback from your peers and Haesun.
Case studies: You can work in small groups to analyse and discuss case studies, applying solution-focused techniques to real-world scenarios.
These activities provide a mix of experiential and reflective learning opportunities, and can help participants develop their solution-focused skills in a collaborative and engaging environment.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- You will gain a deep understanding of the evidence-based approaches to efficacy, using the DOQ and microanalysis to measure their effectiveness in creating transformative interactions.
- You will develop your solution-focused skills through real-time demos, interactive video analysis, role-playing exercises, and case studies.
- You will be able to reflect on your own experiences with solution-focused practice and share insights and strategies with your peers in small group discussions.
- [No Guarantee Promise] You will leave the workshop feeling excited and ready to take your solution-focused practice to the next level, equipped with practical tools and strategies to create more transformative interactions.