SPECIAL FOR NEW MEMBERS - join before the end of 2022 and you will be a member until the end of 2023
We hope that you will join us - Please see below for some of the benefits of being a member of ASFA. Membership runs for the calendar year. (Membership must be renewed by the end of March the following year).
$30 from each full-membership will be donated to the Journal of Solution Focused Practices.
Membership of ASFA is available to anyone with an interest in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (or Solution-Focused practice in other contexts) and who endorses the aims (or "Objects") of the Association. The activities of the Association are focused on Australia and New Zealand; however, membership is available to people from anywhere.
Student membership is available to full-time students at a recognised tertiary institution undertaking a course in which the Solution-Focused approach is relevant. Student members may not vote in meetings of the Association but enjoy all other privileges of membership.
Membership of the Association provides the following benefits —
- Monthly Members Meeting where we showcase the work of members in the Australasia region. These sessions could be presentations, workshops, discussions or another format.
- Monthly Members Group Supervision meetings where we can get together to discuss cases, situations, topics, or questions
- A new Facebook Members Group (starting in 2022) to network with other members and for general SF discussion
- Ability to participate in formal meetings of the Association (including the ability to elect the Board of the Association and to stand for election to the Board).
- Significantly discounted rates for the Association's major Solution-Focused conference (if we are ever able to have one again) and any other Association activities for which fees are charged (For the 2018 Australian and New Zealand Solution-Focused Conference, members received a $AU90 discount on the full registration fee).
- Discounts to various Solution-Focused training opportunities & workshops offered by members
- Access to local affiliated groups that operate to provide networking opportunities, support and seminars or other professional development activities for interested Solution-Focused practitioners
- Perhaps intangibly, contributing to the broader recognition of Solution-Focused as a legitimate approach.