Membership of AASFBT is available to anyone with an interest in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (or Solution-Focused practice in other contexts) and who endorses the aims (or "Objects") of the Association. The activities of the Association are focused on Australia and New Zealand; however, membership is available to people from anywhere.
Student membership is available to full-time students at a recognised tertiary institution undertaking a course in which the Solution-Focused approach is relevant. Student members may not vote in meetings of the Association but enjoy all other privileges of membership.
Membership of the Association provides the following benefits —
- Ability to participate in formal meetings of the Association (including the ability to elect the Board of the Association and to stand for election to the Board).
- Significantly discounted rates for the Association's major Solution-Focused conferences and any other Association activities for which fees are charged (For the last Australian and New Zealand Solution-Focused Conference, members received a $AU90 discount on the full registration fee).
- Discounts to various Solution-Focused training opportunities & workshops
- Copies of any edition of the Journal of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (and online access when this has been finalised) IF an edition is published in the calander year that you are a paid member. (While we will attempt to produce 2 editions per year. We cannot guarantee that this will happen, but we will try)
- Access to local affiliated groups that operate to provide networking opportunities, support and seminars or other professional development activities for interested Solution-Focused practitioners.
- A significant discount (currently 50%) on an online subscription to the journal InterAction: The Journal of Solution Focused in Organisations.
- Perhaps intangibly, contributing to the broader recognition of Solution-Focused as a legitimate approach.